Thursday, August 30, 2012

#4: Political View

I believe it to be true when the survey says I am a right libertarian. I have a lot of republican views, but at the same time I also agree with certain democrat ideals. I was raised within a Christian household, with a VERY dominant republican family. My mom, dad, grandfather, grandmother, and great grandparents all republican so you would think I wouldn't stand a chance having any democratic views. Most of the time I have to keep those views to myself so not to create any conflict. I can be pretty open with my mom and dad, but my grandparents know all, hypothetically speaking of course. Don't get me wrong my grandfather is very intelligent, and I look up to him a lot. Mainly because although he is swayed completely to one side he does recognize and respect the other side, but just thinks I should be on one side too.

I'll be the first to admit I don't pay as much attention to politics as I should, but I do vote. I've only voted once in my life this year will be my second time, and I always hate election time. So many views, opinions, options, ideals, this or that, and nothing is ever black and white in politics. There is always that grey area that gets my mind thinking. I believe women should have the CHOICE to have an abortion or not. However after having a child that opinion has changed a lot. I look at my son, and I couldn't imagine EVER killing him. Being raised a Christian, I do believe you are killing a human being regardless of what science tells us. That choice is more emotional to me. There is so many ends and outs to one rule. I mean you don't want to bring a child into this cruel, messed up world if you know the situation isn't right, but then there's adoption which causes emotional havoc too. I am so touched by children that I myself do not think it is right to abort your child, but who am I to judge? 

That  is where I stand on the political fence, in the middle. I try to be open minded, and respect all sides before populating a stand on something. 

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your maturity when it comes to politics, Jeni. You’re right in saying that you should keep an open mind when it comes to issues like these, especially when you hear opinions that oppose yours. What’s important is that you’re doing what you can – big or small – to help the nation advance. Exercising your right to vote, for example, is a great contribution to the country and to politics as well.

    Faith Hawkins

    ReplyDelete